Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The movie "Babies"


Just watched this movie today with my mother-in-law. It is cute, ingenious, funny and exquisite. OK, I admit I get a little bit bored in the middle of it for like 10 minutes but I love most of it. It is a documentary film that describes the first year of four babies coming from very different cultural backgrounds: Namibia, Mongolia, Japan and San Francisco.The film uses no interviews, no narrators, just pure imagery to communicate with the audience. It works great since the babies speak for themselves. They look different and are raised in very different environments but they all end up growing into happy, healthy, adorable toddlers. It is sweet to watch the whole process. I know I am going to experience this in real life so soon. Baby Emma, mom is a little scared...

No comments:

Post a Comment