Monday, March 21, 2011

Cooking Diary - Healthy Lunch Inspiration

Yesterday in relief society , Vera was teaching a wonderful lesson on The Lord’s Law of Health. I really liked the discussions and thought about improving my dining habits. Though Emma was a little bit fussy and I had to go out a couple of times, I did catch and remember this message very well: a healthy/ideal meal is a combination of 1/2 vegetables, 1/4 meat and 1/4 grains. Well, I decide to practice this principle today for lunch. Here is my presentation:
1/4 stir-fried bok choy
1/4 stir-fried snow beans
1/4 cheesy shrimp
1/4 mix of brown rice and white rice
a cup of milkshake (Breyers - Rocky Road & milk)


For me, a prefect meal also needs to include a little self-indulgence, something like this
 (Choco pie cut into half  + cherry vanilla ice cream in the middle + Strawberry droppings for decoration)
My formula:
2/5 vegetables + 1/5 meat + 1/5 grains or rice + 1/5 dessert = a perfect meal

No comments:

Post a Comment