Thursday, February 24, 2011

Movie Diary - Julie & Julia

I am a big movie fan! I can watch movies all day (4-5 movies) and still have the excitement and attention to each story on screen. I am always curious and fascinated about how the next story will be told using the language of camera. I have a library card that allows me to rent movies for free but I have not used it for a long time. What a waste! Anyway, I began to rent movies recently from the library and found some that I really liked. I will start with my recent favorite.

Sweet! Charming! Yum!
I love food movies. From Disney cartoon "Ratatouille", romantic comedy "No Reservations", to Ang Lee's " Eat Drink Man Woman", these movies have drawn many interesting connections between food or cooking with love, faith and life. So does Julie & Julia. The story itself is interesting enough, not to mention Meryl Streep and Amy Adams' brilliant performance. It makes me want to laugh, want to live passionately and most important, want to cook! I am impressed by the French cooking and inspired by these girls. It makes me want to try a new dish every day as well (probably every other day, more realistically speaking). Maybe it is time to start a project like Julie Powell...

1 comment:

  1. I liked this movie as well. Julia Child went to Smith College (where I went) so I think she is awesome!

    ReplyDelete